- Aching, ugly varicose veins and unsightly spider veins
- Leg swelling
- Chronic venous insufficiency
- Skin changes in your lower legs and ankles such as leg ulcers
What Are Varicose Veins?
Varicose veins are dilated, thickened, elongated and/or twisted blood vessels that don’t control blood flow as they should. In the most advanced cases, they may appear as large ropey or grape-like clusters under the skin. For others, they could appear as small spider veins and even appear thread-like or web-like.
Symptoms of varicose veins include:
- Painful legs
- Legs that easily tire or feel “heavy”
- Swelling in your legs
- Darkening of your skin (in severe cases)
- Itching or an irritated rash on your legs
- Restless legs, especially at night
What Are Some Treatments For Damaged Veins?
There are several in-office, minimally invasive procedures that Maryland Vein Professionals provides to treat varicose veins and spider veins. These include:
- The Venefit™ Procedure (also known as radiofrequency thermal ablation) ––Using a tiny catheter, one of our board-certified surgeons delivers radiofrequency energy to your damaged vein wall. As the catheter is withdrawn, the vein wall is heated, causing the collagen in the wall to shrink and the vein to close. This procedure is also used to treat larger varicose veins.
- Sclerotherapy for Spider Veins – One of MVP’s vein specialists injects the veins with a solution that causes them to close and the blood to be re-directed through healthier veins. It is useful for treating small and medium sized varicose veins.
How Can I Schedule An Appointment?
To schedule an appointment with any of our five MVP board-certified surgeons, please call 877-303-8346 (VEIN) or self-schedule an appointment online at one of our five conveniently located offices in Annapolis, Baltimore, Chevy Chase, Columbia, or Lutherville.
We look forward to discussing a treatment plan that’s right for your needs. Best of all, MVP accepts most insurance plans and Medicare for varicose vein procedures.