If you’ve been diagnosed with varicose veins, you may have heard that one or more of your veins is damaged, which may cause it to leak and cause your leg to have bulging, swollen, painful veins from pooling blood.
So what are your options for minimally invasive vein procedures?
The most commonly accepted state-of-the-art procedure for varicose veins at Maryland Vein Professionals is the Venefit™ procedure (also known as VNUS Closure). It’s performed by the board-certified cardiovascular, vascular and general surgeons at MVP –– and we perform more of these quick, in-office treatments than any other practice in the U.S.
Compare that to vein stripping, which was a “medieval” procedure from the 1980s and 1990s that required a hospital stay of several days to manually remove your great saphenous vein (GSV) from your leg using a general anesthetic during an operation that could last four to five hours, and typically required 3- to 8-inch long incisions.
The Advantages of the Venefit™ Procedure:
- This is the only minimally invasive procedures that use “hot light” radiofrequency (RF) energy to provide an even, uniform heat to contract collagen in the vein walls. This causes veil walls to collapse and seal so blood flow is redirected to healthy veins.
- It’s performed as an outpatient using local anesthesia in MVP’s four offices in the Maryland/Virginia/DC area.
- It results in less pain, no scarring, bruising or swelling.
- It’s covered by most insurance plans, including Medicare.
- For a few weeks following the treatment, your MVP vein specialist may recommend a regular walking regimen as you return to normal activities.
- In a large international, multi-center study published in December 2012, 99% of patients were free of pathological venous reflux after one year and 95% were reflux-free after five years.
To learn more about Venefit (formerly known as VNUS Closure procedure) or to make an appointment for a FREE vein screening in Columbia on Tuesday, April 21st, Annapolis or Pikesville/Baltimore on Wednesday, April 22nd or Chevy Chase on Friday, April 24th, call MVP today at 1-877-303-VEIN (8346).