They probably said it was extremely painful, required many incisions, had a 4-5 hour surgery, needed an overnight hospital stay and took up to two weeks to recover.
Vein Stripping Was Then, Venefit™ Is Now.
Today, the board certified cardiovascular, vascular and general surgeons at Maryland Vein Professionals prefer the quick, effective and minimally invasive Venefit™ (VNUS Closure) procedures for varicose vein and spider veins. In fact, now in our 10th year, MVP has performed over 30,000 Venefit procedures and, according to Covidien Medical Technologies, Inc., has led the U.S. in the absolute number of Venefit Procedures performed by any practice.
In addition, Maryland Vein Professionals is proud to be a National Center of Excellence for the Venefit procedure and has been designated a training center for this cutting edge technology.
State-Of-The-Art Technology For Quick Effective Procedures.
The Venefit procedure brings state-of-the-art technology to vein disease because:
- It’s the only minimally invasive procedures that uses radiofrequency (RF) energy to provide an even, uniform heat to contract collagen in the vein walls, causing them to collapse and seal so blood flow is redirected to healthy veins.
- It’s performed as an outpatient using local anesthesia in each of our four MVP offices.
- It results in less pain, no scarring, bruising or swelling.
- It enables patients to be in and out of our office in less than 90 minutes.
- It’s covered by most insurance plans, including Medicare.
- In a large international, multi-center study published in December 2012, 99% of patients were free of pathological venous reflux after one year and 95%
were reflux-free after five years.
To learn more about Venefit (formerly known as VNUS Closure procedure) or to make an appointment at MVP, call today at 1.877.303-VEIN (1-877-303-8346).